Here’s the link roundup for the March 2015 meetup:
Where to find the group:
Facebook: Las Vegas WordPress Users Group (Great for Q&A between meetups!)
Website: WPVegas.com (Link roundups and video of previous meetups.)
Meetup: Las Vegas WordPress Meetup Group (Schedules and RSVP for upcoming meetups.)
Genesis Camp is a community run event for Genesis Professionals (think developers, designers, producers who work with the Genesis Framework). The event is in the early stages of planning but will be held on the weekend of July 18/19 2015. The event will be 100% online streaming event over 12-24 hours. Visit http://genesis.camp/ to join the notification email list.
WordPress 101: Working with Menus, and How to Link to your Social Network (Basic)
The WordPress menu system is powerful, flexible and actually quite simple to setup. Also, some ways to add links to your social networks.
Presenter: Steve Rypka
- WordPress Codex – Menu User Guide – http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Menu_User_Guide
- Simple Social Icons – https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-social-icons/
- Simple Share Buttons Adder – https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-share-buttons-adder/
- Simple Share Buttons Adder Premium
Introduction to Gravity Style (Basic / Intermediate)
A new plugin to make your Gravity Forms look awesome.
Presenter: Russell Aaron
- WordPress Plugin Suggestions Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/wordpresspluginsuggestions/
- Advanced WordPress Facebook Group – https://www.facebook.com/groups/advancedwp/
- Suzette Franck – Twitter – https://twitter.com/suzette_franck
- Jason Tucker – Twitter – https://twitter.com/jasontucker
- Michelle Schulp – Twitter – https://twitter.com/marktimemedia
- Gravity Forms CSS Ready Class Selector – https://wordpress.org/plugins/gravity-forms-css-ready-selector/
- Gravity Styles Plugin – http://gravitystyles.com/
Advanced Custom Fields and Custom Post Types Tutorial (Intermediate)
A brief demonstration on how to add a standard “About the Staff” page to a website.
Presenter: Spencer Guier
- March Meetup Page – http://spencer.vegasPost Types/wordpress/march-meetup/
- WordPress Codex – Post Types – https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types
- WordPress Codex – Function Reference/register post type – http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type
- Advanced Custom Fields – http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/
- Genesis Visual Hook Guide – https://wordpress.org/plugins/genesis-visual-hook-guide/
- Genesis Framework – http://my.studiopress.com/themes/genesis/
WordPress 401: Custom Content in Hierarchy Pages (Developers)
Adding custom content into hierarchy pages.
Presenter: Robert Gillmer
- Using Advanced Custom Fields without frontend dependency – http://www.billerickson.net/advanced-custom-fields-frontend-dependency/
- Rich Text Tags – https://wordpress.org/plugins/rich-text-tags/
- Black Studio TinyMCE Widget – https://wordpress.org/plugins/black-studio-tinymce-widget/
- OptionTree – https://wordpress.org/plugins/option-tree/
- Query Monitor – https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/
- Debug Bar – https://wordpress.org/plugins/debug-bar/
Have a topic idea or something you’d like to share?
Your input helps make our meetups great. Let us know what you’d like to hear more about, any “WordPress mysteries” your might have, or if you’d like to present some awesome WordPress techniques, tips, or related resources.
We all learn from each other so don’t hold back. We even have a form you can use!