Where to find the group:
Facebook: Las Vegas WordPress Users Group (Great for Q&A between meetups!)
Website: WPVegas.com (Link roundups and video of previous meetups.)
Meetup: Las Vegas WordPress Meetup Group (Schedules and RSVP for upcoming meetups.)
Basic plugins to help with Backend of WordPress
Examples of plugins I have used to help make the backend easier without going through all the settings.
Presenter: Matt Campbell
- Anti-Spam Bee – https://wordpress.org/plugins/antispam-bee/
- WP-Edit – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-edit/
- Search Everything – https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-everything/
WordPress SEO Basics
How to setup the Yoast WordPress SEO plugin.
Presenter: Kenny Eliason
- Yoast Seo – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
- Neon Brand – https://neonbrand.com/
Working with WordPress since 2009, progressing from user to web developer, Ben will share some of the lessons he learned.
Presenter: Ben Weiser
- Website – benweiser.com
- WordPress SEO by Yoast (Free and Paid Versions) – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/
- Gravity Forms (Paid) – http://www.gravityforms.com/
- Kraken.io Image Optimizer (Paid) – https://wordpress.org/plugins/kraken-image-optimizer/
- RICG Responisve Images – https://wordpress.org/plugins/ricg-responsive-images/
- Limit Login Attempts – https://wordpress.org/plugins/limit-login-attempts/
- Advanced Custom Fields (Free and Paid Versions) – https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/
- Custom Post Type UI – https://wordpress.org/plugins/custom-post-type-ui/
- Manual Image Crop – https://wordpress.org/plugins/manual-image-crop/
- WP Super Cache – https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-super-cache/
- Regenerate Thumbnails – https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/
Have a topic idea or something you’d like to share?
Your input helps make our meetups great. Let us know what you’d like to hear more about, any “WordPress mysteries” your might have, or if you’d like to present some awesome WordPress techniques, tips, or related resources.
We all learn from each other so don’t hold back. We even have a form you can use!
One reply on “Link Roundup: June 2015”
Security Plugin for your login page. http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-limit-login-attempts/